TechCrunch

May 12, 2016

The Bright Light

First of all, I bought the Bitfenix Pandora ATX Core, NCIX had it on sale and it came with a LED light strip, and a blue 6-pin gpu extender. This case is nice but, it has some minor issues.
(1) If you want to mount 3 mechanical hard drives in the bottom, make sure your power supply is standard length. The one I bought is bit longer, which made it impossible to turn the thumb screw to tighten the drive cage to the case. So I end up installing 2 drives in the bottom. (2) I reused my Corsair H100 from my previous computer, you have to install the radiator first, before installing the motherboard. (3) The rubber grommets come out of place very easily, but are easy to put back in place.






For decent sound you must connect your front panel to the motherboard. I didn't do that at first, I plugged my headphones to the rear panel and it sounded like ****. It couldn't even power my Sony headphones. Then I watched a Teksyndicate video where the guy from Asus was talking about the Supreme FX chipset. He said Sonic Studio and Sonic something else only works with motherboard header.






The owner mainly uses this computer to run PLEX server, and he occasionally plays Cities Skyline. He also does some light video editing. He currently requested a HD6870 as the GPU, but at the end of the month he's awaiting for  GTX-970 which i will show him how replace it. Other than the few minor issues with the case everything else works fine. 

specification include
Intel core i5-4690k 3.5ghz Quad Core
Asus Z97 Pro Gamer ATX LGA1150
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB(2X8GB)

Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6870 GPU
Samsung 850EVO Series 250GB 2.5" SSD
Bitfenix Pandora ATX Mid Tower
EVGA 750Watts ATX12V/EPS12V

No comments:

Post a Comment